We hope that you have enjoyed your holiday break.
The following post has been created for families and contains important information about changes at school in Term 4.
Our School is keen to improve the standard of the school uniform through greater adherence to our uniform policy.
As previously advised, due to the variable weather conditions of Spring, we will continue our transition between Winter and Summer uniforms for the first two weeks of Term 4.
Until Friday 16 October, students may choose to wear either their full formal Winter uniform or their full formal Summer uniform. Normal requirements for Sports uniform continue throughout the entire year.
From the beginning of Week 3 in Term 4 (Monday 19 October) students will be required to wear their full formal Summer uniform. This will include the expectation that students wear their School hat when outdoors.
It is the responsibility of our students to wear the uniform neatly and with pride. Unfortunately, there are some who continually contravene the School Uniform Policy. The following list details aspects of most concern:
* Incorrect footwear such as runners, ballet flats and t-bar shoes being substituted for school shoes
* Extreme hair colours; long hairstyles on male students
* Jewellery other than that specified in the Student Handbook
*Make up and coloured nail polish
* Wearing sports uniforms on days when Physical Education/Sport is not timetabled
* Dress length
* Faded/tatty school hats
We ask that Parents/Guardians take the time to review uniform items, including school hats, and ensure that they are still in good condition. Faded or tatty school hats are not acceptable. School dress length is to be such that the bottom of the hem is in line with the top of the bony part of the knee.
Please refer to our Student Handbook for further information about uniform requirements.
Students who are in breach will be sanctioned.
After a third uniform infraction in one term, students will be asked to travel home to change into the correct uniform, footwear etc. before returning to school. In such an event, you will be notified. If for some reason the school uniform cannot be worn correctly on a particular day, a written and signed note from parents will suffice and should be delivered to the tutor (for Secondary students) or classroom teacher (for Primary students) by the student immediately on arrival at school.
The School has made every effort to ensure that the uniform is very comfortable, easy to wear and easy to maintain, whilst upholding the appearance expected of our students. Please assist our School by ensuring your child has all pieces of the school uniform and that they leave your home dressed correctly.
The Uniform Shop will be open from 8.45am to 9.15am on Tuesday 6 October.
Your support for the school as we ‘raise the bar’ on uniform is greatly appreciated.
Optional Online Canteen Ordering Service
We are also excited to introduce an optional new online canteen ordering service for our families.
Our Online Canteen allows you to create a free account, add your child/ren, top up your online credit and order your canteen items online.
When you create your profile, you will be asked to add your child’s name, their year level and their tutor or classroom teacher. Additional information such as allergies or food intolerances can also be added and you can choose to give your child permission to access the account so they can place their own canteen orders.
1. Go to Register Page (www.ouronlinecanteen.com.au)
2. Fill in the form and select Submit
3. You will receive an email with instructions to confirm your email address and activate your account
1. Enter your Login and Password to login to the website
2. Select the “Add student” tab. Make sure to fill out all your child’s details before selecting “Next”
3. Select the “Add credit” tab to add credit to your account
4. Select the “Add order” tab to add an order.
1. Select child
2. Select date
3. Select the meals you would like to order and add them to the order
4. Confirm the order or if you have more than one child, click “Confirm and Place New Order” tab. Once you have confirmed the order, you will receive a confirmation email from Our Online Canteen. You can also double check your order by clicking either the “Active Orders” tab or the “Transaction History” tab.
Term 4 will be a busy one; all of the information and important dates can be found on the School Calendar on the Parent Portal. Festa Italiana is taking place at School on Sunday 11 October from 11am to 3pm, and we encourage all families to attend this fantastic event. We welcome any volunteers who are available to help us make this event a success. Our academic year will culminate with our Presentation Evening on Friday 11 December at the Stubberfield Centre.
Please mark this date in your calendar now as it is an expectation that all students and parents/guardians attend this formal event.
We hope that you have enjoyed your holiday break.