* The Watoto Choir will perform at Deniliquin’s Regent Theatre on Thursday 11 June at 7.30pm. The performance is free and is being hosted by the Deniliquin Baptist Church. Watoto Child Care Ministries is a holistic care program that was initiated as a response to the overwhelming number of orphaned children and vulnerable women in Uganda, whose lives have been ravaged by war and disease.
* Under 10s Basketball begins on Wednesday 22 July. The competition is for children born in 2006/07. The Girls competition runs from 4.30pm to 5.30pm; the Boys competition runs from 5pm to 6pm. Registration is $85. For more information, visit www.echuca.basketball.net.au
* Aussie Hoops begins at Echuca Basketball Stadium on Wednesday 22 July. This program is specially designed for children aged five and six. Register online at www.echuca.basketball.net.au
* Moama Echuca Border Raiders Soccer Association are hosting a movie fundraiser on Tuesday 23 June. ‘Minions’ will screen from 6pm, with supper provided from 5.30pm. Tickets are $15 per perso, and are available from your coach or at the club canteen. For more information, phone 0407 506 629 or visit www.borderraiders.com.au
* AFL Victoria will host a Holiday Program at Echuca 208 Primary School on Monday 29 June from 9am to 3pm.
The day will be packed with footy and fun, with all equipment and resources provided. There will be plenty of giveaways and prizes to be won.
The day is designed for children aged 5 to 8 (Footy Fun Day) and 9 to 12 (Skills Battle).
Entry is $70 per child and you must register at www.aflvicholidayprograms.com.au
* Campaspe Shire Council will hold a Learn to Swim program from Monday 29 June to Friday 3 July at the Echuca Ware Memorial Aquatic Centre. The program is designed for children aged 4 and above and the cost is $67.50. Sessios run for 30 minutes each day.
Enrolments close on Thursday 25 June. Phone 5480 2994 to enrol.
* Applications for short term and long term student exchange programs are now open through WEP Student Exchange. WEP Student Exchange is a not-for-profit organisation, and students can choose from more than 25 countries to live with a host family. Students can attend school in another country for a semester or a year. For more information, visit www.wep.org.au