Moama Anglican Grammar recognises the need to equip students to adapt to these changeable and challenging times. The School’s career development program assists students to develop the skills, knowledge and competencies necessary to successfully manage their careers. This is done in a structured and meaningful way through a range of programs, including:
- Morrisby career assessment tool with personalised printed report and feedback information evening
- Fortnightly Careers classes for Year 9 students addressing the key areas of personal management, learning and work exploration, and career building
- Melbourne Careers Camp for Year 10 students
- Partnership with the Beacon Foundation and their programs
- School Work Experience program
- Visits to career expos and tertiary open days
- Career information sessions and guest speakers
- Fortnightly Career Newsletter and Careers Facebook page
Helpful Links and Forms for Students and Parents
Local Career Video Showcase
To view the showcase of 56 local career videos click the link and enter the password.
This is a combined project of the Echuca Moama Beacon Foundation and the Campaspe Cohuna Local Learning and Employment Network (CCLLEN).
Built Environment courses
Exercise Physiology courses
Medical Sciences Pharmacy and Biomedicine
Nutrition and Dietetics courses
Occupational Therapy courses
Oral Health and Dentistry courses
Orthoptics Optometry and Clinical Audiology courses
Physiotherapy Chiropractic Osteopathy and Myotherapy courses
Prosthetics and Orthotics courses
Social Work and Youth Work courses
Speech Pathology courses
Veterinary Science courses
Built Environment courses
Year 11 and 12 Booklet– all about the HSC, the ATAR and choosing tertiary courses
VTAC Application Process 2021
UAC Application Process 2021
Early Admission Programs, Victoria
University Scholarships Resource 2021
University Survival Guide
Subject Selection Information
Year 10 Booklet – all about the HSC, the ATAR and choosing subjects
VTAC 2022 Prerequisties – understanding prerequisites for Victorian tertiary institutions
Subject Conversion– compare HSC and VCE subjects for prerequisites
Study Score Conversion – compare HSC and VCE marks for prerequisites
Career Posters – match your interests, qualities and skills to various career industries
Morrisby Brochure – information about the assessment and questionnaires to assist students discover strengths and weaknesses, preferences and interests
Work Experience Information
The Australian Blueprint for Career Development has outlined the following changing nature of life, learning and work:
“Over the last decade it has become evident that the way we live and work has been dramatically altered by factors such as globalisation, the rapid increases in information and communications technology and significant demographic shifts.
- The concept of a ‘job for life’ no longer exists. Most individuals will change jobs numerous times throughout their working lives.
- There has been a trend away from permanent employment to more varied working arrangements such as contract and project work.
- Gone are the days where a person could gain a single qualification which would sustain them throughout their entire working lives.
- In addition to job-related skills, individuals now need skills such as communication, problem solving, teamwork and personal attributes such as adaptability, resilience, enthusiasm and openness to new ideas.Times have clearly changed. Now, both the individual and the labour market are subject to constant variation and, for many people, transitioning from one situation to another is a recurring motif. The old three-stage pattern of preparing for work; working; and then retiring is fast disappearing, yet many current workers have not had the opportunity to develop the career management competencies that they require to cope with, let alone thrive in, such an environment.”
Contact Careers Adviser Mr Curtis Townrow for further information.